Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Back on Track: 25 Things and an Interview Proposal, My Way

Hebrew's over and now back on track......

The popular thing on Facebook is this 25 meme thing, writing things about you that others might not know about. I'm planning on doing this here on my blog with some modifications. I'm going to write 12.5 things and then offer you a chance to interview me. You can ask me any three questions and I will try my best to pick two to answer and then answer them in the best way I can. I saw this on another blog and I have an undergraduate degree, besides teaching it at the scholastic level for a number of years, in Journalism. So, I thought, hey, this might be fun. Here's how it works:

* The blogger (in this case, me) answers questions sent to me by friends.
* If you, a fellow blogger, want to try this too, reply to this post with the words, "Interview Me!"
* Then, I'll ask you three questions. If you want to post your answers to the three questions I send you, then you agree to interview your commenters if they ask for it, just as I am agreeing to interview you. Kind of like a crazy chain thing.
* If the chain thing is not your deal, no problem.

This might sound a bit strange. But, ask me anything. And, if you don't want me to interview you back, just say so, that's perfectly fine. I'm just trying to cast a wider net to introduce my blog in a fun way. So, once again, if you want three new questions, created by me, that you can answer on your blog ... just reply, "Interview Me!" Okay onward, here's my 12.5 random things about me.

1. I can't eat eggs and drink black tea.
2. I grew up in the sun-kissed beauty of California.
3. One of my favorite foods is cheese burgers. I would choose my last meal to be sitting on the deck at the Hofbrau in Morro Bay, looking out onto the bay as the sun is setting, listening to otters and seals play, watching the birds, while eating my perfectly made cheeseburger with all the dressings and works...hmmm.
4. I love the fancy dresses worn by queens and princesses in historical parades. In San Antonio, the Fiesta queen and her court wear the most beautiful and the most outlandish.
5. One of my most favorite memories of my mom is shopping in Artisans Alley and watching the Riverwalk Christmas lights being turn on the evening after Thanksgiving in San Antonio.
6. I was a photography teacher and talented photographer who did not own my own camera. Still don't have one.
7. I was in a movie, Waiting for Guffman, shot in the mid-90s in Austin. I was an audience member in one of the scenes and a stand in for one of the actors. Unfortunately, I'm shown alot in this one scene. Extremely curly hair in even worse humidity do not mix. I was a scary sight...maybe that's why I showed up in the final prints.
8. I took a picture of a friend, who was a cast member in one of the early Road Rules/Real Life Challenge shows, and the picture showed up on the side of their cast bus and subsequently in the intro to the show.
9. I'm a big day-dreamer.
10. One of my favorite memories of Austin is watching Camelot at Zilker Hillside Theater, eating at Trudys at 6 in the morning, and the old Aquafest. I've lived here for a long time, I need to get some newer favorite memories.
11. I love Duncan Sheik. Who knew his real calling success in music was writing Broadway scores. Speaking of Broadway, I wanted to be a Broadway musical star as a child.
12. I dream of love entering my life unabashedly.
12.5 Dar Williams, Mercy of the Fallen, is playing on my Yahoo radiocast. Doesn't the title of the song say it all.

Done...now let me hear from you....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I totally have to go see this Guffman movie now. Haha.

Which person on Road Rules/Real World did you know?! That's awesome!

Heather and Stephen said...

Hi Laurel! I'm at
crazybetter.blogspot.com
Interview me!

yours are:
1. What was your favorite of vacations you have taken?
2. Plaid or pinstripes?
3. If you could have one natural ability (like singing, dancing, painting <--not limited to those) that you do not currently have, what would it be?

C. Beth said...

Oh, my gosh, I wish I'd known that when we watched Guffman a couple of years ago! I'll have to look for you if we watch it again.

1. Do you think you'll ever teach in some way, again?
2. (This was my One-Minute Writer prompt today) What do you hope is around the next bend in the road?
3. How did you "meet" Darcy?