Sunday, May 2, 2010

Journal Entry #7

Sunday Early Evening:
7:40 p.m.

Today I reflect on how far I've come. I always think in a childful way, "I wonder where I'll be a year from now" "I wonder if something good will enter my life in the next year?" "What will I be doing? What I'm actually saying is I hope some of my dreams will be fulfilled and life will be exciting, and maybe even I will become a better person at the end mark of another year. Somehow I'll be changed. Every year is full of challenges. This year seems to punctuate that remark. But, this morning as I preached and presided for a small congregational out in the Bee Caves area, I came to an understanding. One real quick sidebar: Didn't hurt to my epiphany that this church meets in a picturesque wedding facility that looks like something from another era. Back to my awakening: This was the seventh time I've preached in a public setting as part of a liturgical service. (Not counting the many times I led worship out at the Trinity Center) I preached five times while interning and two times in the capacity of visiting preacher. This time, I put together the prayers and even picked out the music. I never thought that would happen...seven times to write and deliver a sermon. Wow!! And, I actually getting good at it and enjoy it. What is God conspiring on my behalf with all this experience?

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

I'm so glad you're "getting good at it and enjoy it." That is wonderful! Sounds like it was a beautiful place to preach.