Sunday, May 9, 2010

Journal Entry #10

This post carries an alias name: Closure. This last entry is also late.....

Nevertheless, here it is. The semester has ended and well, things again are not the way I had planned. This semester, no scratch that, this year has been rough to say the least. And, I am left, well, tired. Albeit, slowly regaining my sense of self. On my 100th post of my blog, here are the things I learned through my writing class:

*Be myself
*Be authentic and true
*Keep it simple and concise, but hey it's still me, put my chin out with an air of sophistication
*Trust God and be patient
*I might not be the best or even any good, but my work done in earnest still has value
*Reflect on what I'm actually meaning and saying...what's the best means to communicate

*Courage is found in honesty
*I am who I am, I will be who I will be (not to be confused with God who is I AM), and that's okay. What's not okay is not being willing to bend so someone else can better understand me, and more importantly so I can better understand them.

What to do now

Learn to allow myself to be open for God's love to flow
Write more often and with eyes set toward publishing
To carry on with my shoulders relaxed and not looking down.

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Great blog post, Laurel! Love this sentence: "*I might not be the best or even any good, but my work done in earnest still has value." It gives honor to effort, something I'd like to pass along to my kids.

Congrats on getting through the semester!