Sunday, January 4, 2009

Epiphany & a Christmas Lesson the night before Hebrew

The universe must be on a 80s memory theme kick...I jest but for the second day in a row, I saw one of my favorite 80s memories on another blog I frequent. This time a whole lot of memories came rushing back to me in the holiday program from 1987, (I thought it was long since gone...thank you God for Youtube and coffeepastor in giving me the memory push) Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas. I'm sharing one of my favorites from that program with the three camels singing We Three Kings. My Mom, sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews and I LOVED this particular rendition of this carol and we would sing it in this styling (just the Camels part mind you) to one another. Sidebar: Love the camels shoes and the one with the mustache. By the way, do all camels sing in the Soul tradition?

The song is cute but it caps off the Christmas holiday for me, my own epiphany (my own aha moment, my own understanding of following God and finding the infant Jesus in the midst of a long Journey.) My Christmas lesson.....to share no matter the means and honor community. There's abundance even when one thinks there's not. This post will get excessively long if I described everything that brought me to this conclusion. Maybe just let it wash over you and the meaning will come clear in its own time.

Thank you Magi, Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar, for giving us the lead to have the courage to follow the star and honor God above all else. Onward and upward, Hebrew, 9 a.m, Monday morning.

No comments: