Saturday, March 7, 2009

Not so shameless plug

This weekend is a busy one. Besides getting a handle on cleaning the apartment and school work. I'm going to do the CROP walk in Austin tomorrow afternoon. My classmate and friend Nikki and I are representing our school and walking. We are very close to our goal. My shameless plug is this: the following is the letter I sent out to friends and family; please consider checking out my personal web page from Church Wide Service and donating any amount. The money goes to many organizations in the Austin area that cares and feeds the poor. It's not too late. Thank you so much and here's the letter and my website address is: http://www.churchworldservice.org/site/TR/CropWalks/General?px=1115042&pg=personal&fr_id=2868

Hello Friends~

My classmate and friend Nikki and I are walking along side many churches and organizations on March 7-8 as part of the CROP Hunger Walk in Austin Texas. The Walk benefits those locally and those in upwards toward 80 countries. The following Austin charities will benefit directly from the proceeds of the Walk: AAIM for Refugees, Urban Roots, Foundation for the Homeless, Capital Area Food Bank of Texas, Catholic Charities of Central Texas, among many others.

Please join us in spirit and if you wish, through your donation. I know these are particularly rough times on many, no amount is too small. If you're in the Austin area, it's not too late to join us. Please visit my personal page for more information. Below's the standard e-mail from the national organizers of the event. Thank you so much again for your prayer and support.


Hunger is an issue that is very important to me and I have decided to get involved! I am walking in the CROP Hunger Walk and I need your help.

Our donations will support life-saving programs around the world. Join me and our family and friends as we work together to solve this world-wide challenge.

You can be the difference, and you can start by making a donation. Visit my personal page, where you can make a secure online credit card donation.

Thank you!
Laurel

No comments: