Friday, November 6, 2009

Forgiveness, Healing and Spirtual Abuse, or is it the other way around

My intention was to write with a little more frequency when I got the idea of my next writing series. Best laid plans of mice and men, as they say. School and busyness of papers and reading assignments take precedent; but when I woke up this morning and saw a post of a new blog I frequent, called the carnival in my head. The person who writes it is the co-pastor of a church called The Refuge in the Denver area. I've liked what I've read on it so far, and this morning was no exception. The writer, Kathy, talked about Spiritual Abuse and the pain people experience from bad church experiences, experiences from people. I can theorize through all I've read/studied in school on the reasoning, etc., but it's (Spiritual Abuse) an area that needs addressing. The pain is still real and raw in many circumstances. Kathy gives an account of one woman's story. It's worth a read, especially in light of the future posts I'm planning on diversity and learning from one another, incited from my friend Nikki's senior sermon. Click here to go directly to the post and let me know your thoughts.

No comments: