Monday, June 28, 2010

Cyber-Bullying and School Responsibility

I came across this quote this morning out of the Times, "I have parents who thank me for getting involved, and parents who say, ‘It didn’t happen on school property, stay out of my life.’"
MIKE RAFFERTY, a middle school principal in Connecticut, on cases of online bullying.

As a former public educator this gives me great concern. What is a school's responsibility? What about technology. Has technology gone amok? Do we blindly accept it as a communication tool without truly understanding its limitations, harms, excesses, etc? I would love to know your thoughts. Here is the original article from the Style section of the New York Times. Clink here for the article.

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

It may not be the school's RESPONSIBILITY but I appreciate educators who try to do something about it anyway...since parents sometimes just don't care.