Thursday, July 23, 2009

Simple Tugs at the Heart

The video below is currently being highlighted on Yahoo. It's absolutely amazing. This is the message I posted on Facebook to go with the video, "This dancing piece is absolutely amazing, touching and beautiful. The choreographer, Tyce Diorio, created this dance for a friend of his who was battling breast cancer. The piece was shown on the program, So You Think You Can Dance. It will take your breath away." Seeing pieces of creative artistry like this one is one of the small ways people can make huge differences in the lives of others. It's the simple things that bring glimmers of beauty. These reflective sparkles of God's grace and beauty through the human spirit are also ways small things can make huge differences.

Another example and aspect: If you look at Michelle Brunner's blog, she is doing a series on simple things. Look for her blog entry for July 23. See what I mean. :-).

Here's the video:

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

I was gone Wednesday night but J told me how great this performance was. I need to go back and watch it. (We've got it on our Tivo so I'll watch it there.) Thanks for the reminder!

Michelle Brunner said...

Laurel,

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! It brightened my day:) What a lovely and touching dance video! So amazing!

p.s. I loved that Buffy vs. Edward video you posted on your blog....so hilarious! I am such a Buffy and Twilight fan:)