Friday, February 13, 2009

The Week's Highlights

The week went faster than I thought and it left me slightly off kilter. I'm telling myself that all new semesters do...new schedule, new teachers, new routine, new expectations...lack of rhythm and my own personal goals unfilled for the week. I know everything takes shape and root in time but my impatience with myself allows no time. I ponder perspective. With that all said, here's some things that have remained with me this week.

The description of a classic photo of MLK and other civil rights marchers. A noise distracts all in the picture except MLK, who remains looking forward resolute. The speakers words describing the picture, ending with these words in a slow yet staccato manner: Sacrifice. Eucharist. The textured liquidity of servitude being drank in small continuous sips instead of big gulps.

The MLK Commemorative service where the cross of gender, age, race and economic status came together for a hour to provide witness to the beloved community with all its grace and responsibility.

A new way of thinking and learning. The painfulness of Trust.

A reminder of the beauty and significance of the spoken word (especially God's words) and the highlight of that in performance.

The answer to prayer so subtle and gentle that one does not even realize the prayer is answered.

Reading a theory of where the world is in the growth and ideological waves of Christianity and being reminded that our tunnel vision of our suppositions often does not mirror reality.
.....and with that, the last one....
Faith is central to how people imagine themselves in relationship to one another, nature and the divine. Why is it then, through (any) society's way of domination and imposed demands of subjectivity, do people accept the construct as obvious reality?

No comments: